Please read the following:
RESEARCH CONSENT: UNIQUE EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO BOOKS OVER DIGITAL ALTERNATIVES
- The purpose of this research is to examine the unique emotional attachment to analog books over digital alternatives. This study is being conducted by researchers from the Experience Design Department at Miami University. Open invitations have been posted on social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram. Participation in this research is restricted to persons 18 years of age or older.
- Completing the survey should take about 10 minutes. Your participation is voluntary, you may skip questions you do not want to answer, and you may stop at any time. The survey does not request information that would explicitly identify you. If you inadvertently include identifying information, such information will be removed from stored data. Only the researchers will have access to individual responses. Results of the survey will only be presented publicly as aggregate summaries.
- If you would like to receive a report of the general results of this project please click on the link at the end of the Unique Emotional Attachment to Analog Books Over Digital Alternatives survey which will take you to a separate form to send us your contact information.
- The research survey and the contact survey are not linked.
- If you have any questions about this research or you feel you need more information to complete this survey, you can contact the lead researcher Mark Cela at firstname.lastname@example.org, or thesis advisor Dennis Cheatham at email@example.com.
- If you have questions or concerns about the rights of research subjects, you may contact our reviewing body: the Research Ethics and Integrity Office at Miami University at (513) 529-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
---- Thank you for your participation, Mark Cela.
By clicking Proceed to Survey you agree to participate in this study for purposes outlined above.